The recent #7154 Duranno Father School (DFS) held in our church concluded with many of the men and their wives deeply touched and we are again amazed at the works of reconciliation and healing that God does through the program. Besides its ability to create an atmosphere for the Holy Spirit to move in the hearts of the fathers, a unique feature of the Father School happens after it ends. I am referring to the eagerness of many who have graduated, and yet have come back to serve as volunteers for subsequent Father Schools. I must say that I have not seen groups of men so transformed by the Lord, demonstrating such camaraderie, unity and self-less service elsewhere as these fathers have who served with such dedication. The bond of love and encouragement among the men who are serving even inspired other men who are normally not active in church or any other social organisations to volunteer their services. When asked why they want to serve in Father School, here are what some of them wrote. I hope it will inspire you to serve God with a similar passion:
1. All DFS staff serve without a single complaint.
2. It is like an extended family. We work, we play, we laugh, we dance, we cry, we bless one another and we glorify the one and only God!
3. Together we work all things in Christ and follow the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
4. Hearing their touching testimonies makes you cry.
5. The volunteers continue to inspire me by their selfless service.
6. The DFS team reflects our Heavenly Father’s love in their actions and attitude.
7. The Holy Spirit was working in transforming the fathers’ and mothers’ hearts for this and the next generation to experience Kingdom Family here on earth.
8. The team is always looking out for each other.
9. There are always new things to learn in Father School.
10. It was a great privilege to help more families re-boot/refresh/realign/restore relationships.
11. Restoring lives, transforming families & giving hope to the communities.
12. ….. because I need not pay the fee of RM280 and yet have received so much of the teachings through all the sharing, (Editor: Alumni can attend the school free of charge)
13. It is always a joy to serve together with fellow fathers.
14. For every DFS served, I witness marriages being renewed, restored and at times saved. And it gives me a sense of satisfaction feeling like the Lord seeing others transform for the better within three (3) days. And lastly, I come out as a refreshed Father!
15. …because it was unique for me with my two sons-in-law in the same class addressing each other “Brother”.
Pastor Ron Hee